Weathervane offers private instruction for beginner to advanced students, ages youth to adult, in voice, acting & dancing.
Weathervane is happy to announce that we are now home to West Side Vocal Academy! West Side Vocal Academy was formed in 1997 with Sue Wallin, Jamie Cordes and Ron Hazelett. Sue and Ron, our current instructors, have taught together since 1996 in the Northeast Ohio area. To learn more, visit their website:
To inquiry about voice lessons email firstname.lastname@example.org
College Audition Prep
Attention High School Juniors and Seniors!
Are you ready for College Audition season? Learn what it takes to stand out from the crowd. Join us to
help prepare you for your college theatre auditions. Students will work with adjunct professor, Fred Gloor from the Baldwin Wallace Theatre program to learn how to prepare for your audition, choose materials including monologues and what college programs are looking for.
Students should come prepared with sample materials, and goals they wish to accomplish. Shake your nerves away and feel confident moving forward into your new role as a college student!
Tuition: $65 per hour
The art of acting is a combination of wit, charm, self-confidence, life experiences, understanding and technique. An actor's technique is their method of getting the most out of their own talents and abilities and using them to interpret a character. This begins with the basics: projection, diction, breath support, listening & reacting, body language and analysis. As the student progresses, the focus is on developing technique and building skills to support and an actor's own strengths, and counter their weaknesses. Goals are established by the student and instructor at the beginning of each session.
- Weekly lessons with a professional acting instructor.
- Goals and evaluations set jointly by the student and instructor.
- Study of Stanislavski Technique Develop and identify Goals, Obstacles, Tactics and Expectations (GOTE).
- Learn script analysis and how to develop an inner monologue.
- Study acting movement techniques including Alexander Technique and Laban Movement Analysis.
- Study vocal techniques for the actor including the study of Cecily Berry and Kristin Linklater.
- Audition preparation through the study of process, monologue coaching and cold reading technique.