Weathervane Playhouse believes in giving back to the community we serve and we do our best to accommodate the many ticket-donation requests we receive each year.
We at Weathervane Playhouse consider it a part of our mission to work in partnership with other nonprofit organizations dedicated to promoting the arts and education, as well as many other worthwhile causes.
We receive many requests for ticket donations from organizations who are having raffles or auctions. We are happy to help our fellow community organizations when we can. However, the number of donations available each year is limited. All valid requests are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We give priority to arts organizations and registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in Northeast Ohio, within a 20-mile radius of the theater.
- We reserve the right to limit each request to one voucher good for two tickets to specified performances. Eligible dates will be listed on the voucher. We cannot donate tickets outside our current-season calendar. Tickets donated by Weathervane Playhouse will not be valid for the theater's special engagements, outside rentals or fundraisers.
- Organizations can only make one request per season. (Weathervane's "season" runs from July to June, not January to December.)
- The total number of requests filled (per month) is limited to 10 sets of two tickets.
- There are no refunds or exchanges available for the issued donation. There is no cash value, if surrendered.
How to Request a Ticket Donation
- Please submit a ticket-donation request on your organization's letterhead, and include your organization's mission statement and your charitable registration number/nonprofit I.D.
- Please submit your request in writing, via U.S mail — at least 45 days prior to the event. Your ticket voucher will be mailed on the 15th of the month before your event. (For example: If your event is March 20, your voucher will be mailed Feb. 15).
- Describe the event including the date, the expected attendance, and how Weathervane Playhouse will be represented (such as in a booklet, pamphlet, or signage, etc.).
- Contact information: Include your name, the full mailing address, a phone number and an e-mail address.
Send your request via U.S. mail to:
Attn: Patron Services Manager
1301 Weathervane Ln
Akron OH 44313-5186
We regret that we cannot fill all donation requests.