Due to a substantial level of spread of COVID-19 in Summit County and the impact of the Delta variant, we must act to ensure the safety for our audiences, performers, volunteers and staff members. With the announcement of these safety measures, Weathervane now joins over a dozen Northeast Ohio theater companies with similar requirements. We believe strongly that this policy will provide both audiences and theater artists with a critical additional layer of safety. Therefore, we will be implementing the following safety measures for our ticketholders, beginning September 30:
- You will be asked to show your proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative COVID test result taken within 72 hours of your ticketed performance, as well as a photo ID.
- Children ages 11 and younger do not need a negative COVID-19 test result to attend.
- All audience members, regardless of age or vaccination status, will be required to wear a face mask (covering both the nose and mouth) in all areas of our building and during the performance. Our front-of-house and backstage volunteers will also be masked for everyone’s safety.
If you have a specific question or issue concerning your tickets in regard to these measures, please contact Keith Campbell at 330-836-2626 (or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss flexible options for your tickets.
We at Weathervane will continue to regularly evaluate our health and safety policies and will make adjustments we deem necessary based on community health data and the guidance of our local public-health officials.
We look forward to safely welcoming you back to Weathervane Playhouse this Fall!
In addition to the current policy, several upgrades have been made to Weathervane’s building and procedures for health and safety reasons. These include:
- Weathervane has upgraded all building HVAC filters to MERV 13 as currently recommended by Ohio’s COVID-19 Information and Checklist for Improving Indoor Air Quality.
- Before and during all performances, Weathervane will continuously run the system fan on the HVAC units for the lobby, theater house, and stage.
- Additional air purification units have been added in smaller spaces including dressing rooms, rehearsal rooms/classrooms, and greenroom.
- An ozone generator is on hand for use between classes, shows, and/or rehearsals, as needed.
- All spaces are disinfected between classes, shows, and/or rehearsals.
- We now require masks (covering both the nose and mouth) for all staff, volunteers, and guests in the building when not performing on stage. Masks are required for all areas of the Playhouse.
- Current productions include the modification of scenic designs to allow for additional distancing between performers and audience.
- Cancellation of post-show meet & greets.
If you have additional questions about these safety measures, please feel free to e-mail email@example.com.