The deadline for entries will be announced later this season.
All entrants will receive:
- Acknowledgment through FormSite of receipt of submissions and administrative fee.
- Notification of Eight Finalist plays, preceding TheatreFest.
- Notification of winners, following the conclusion of TheatreFest.
Each of the eight finalists will receive a full production of his/her/their play and two complimentary tickets to TheatreFest. (We can’t offer travel and room accommodations for finalists, those who are able to attend will be greeted, feted, and showered with recognition!)
Additionally, we will send out press releases about the finalist playwrights to our local publications and to any of the playwrights’ respective outlets.
First Place: $350
Second Place: $250
Third Place: $150
Five Runners Up: $50/each
- Each play must include the 2019 prop, a black vinyl LP record album. See description below.
- Maximum running time is 10 minutes. Less is fine.
- Cast maximum is three, but there can be more than three characters. Any combo, gender-wise. No characters under the age of sixteen.
- Technical requirements must be minimal. Plays produced are performed on a bare stage utilizing wooden blocks and simple furniture to signify a variety of things. Costume, sound and lighting requirements must also be simple.
- No one-person plays, no musicals, or children’s plays.
- Playwrights must be at least 18 years old.
- Submitted plays must be un-produced anywhere and un-performed outside of readings or workshops. Submitted plays may have been entered in other contests.
- You must be the sole creator(s) of the play and entitled to confer performance rights.
- If chosen as a finalist, you grant performance rights, royalty-free, to Weathervane Playhouse for five performances during the 2019 8x10 TheatreFest.
- The play remains the sole property of the playwright(s).
- Each year at TheatreFest, the audience chooses a special prop that must be incorporated into the following year’s plays.
- THE 2020 INSPIRATION — A TAKEOUT BOX